- Altidor, W. (2017). Creative courage leveraging imagination, collaboration, and innovation to create success beyond your wildest dreams. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley.
- Brown, B. (2018). Dare to lead: Bold work, tough conversations, whole hearts. London: Ebury Digital.
- Brown, B. (2015). Rising Strong. London, United Kingdom: Ebury Publishing.
- Brown, B. (2018) Braving the Wilderness: the Quest for True Belonging and the Courage to Stand Alone. Thorndike Press, a Part of Gale, a Cengage Company.
- Duckworth, A. (2016). Grit : The power of passion and perseverance (First Scribner hardcover ed.).
- Fey, T. (2013). Bossypants. New York: Regan Arthur/Little, Brown.
- Kelly, R. (2016). Creative development : Transforming education through design thinking, innovation, and invention.
- Leonard, K., & Yorton, T. (2015). Yes, and. New York, NY: HarperBusiness.
- Pink, D. (2011). Drive : The surprising truth about what motivates us (1st Riverhead trade pbk. ed.). New York: Riverhead Books.
- Poehler, A. (2014). YES PLEASE. [Place of publication not identified]: Dey Street.
- Anderson, K.L., & Davis, B.M. (2012). Creating culturally considerate schools: Educating without bias. Thousand Oaks, CA: Corwin.
- Boies, K., Fiset, J., & Gill, H. (2015). Communication and trust are key: Unlocking the relationship between leadership and team performance and creativity. The Leadership Quarterly, 26(6), 1080-1094. doi:10.1016/j.leaqua.2015.07.007
- Elsbach, K. and Stigliani, I. (2018). Design thinking and organizational culture: A review and framework for future research. Journal of Management, 44(6), 2274-2306. doi: 10.1177/0149206317744252
- Gibson, M. (2016). Learning to design backwards: examining a means to introduce human-centered design processes to teachers and students. Design and Technology Education, 21(1), 8-20. Retrieved from https://ojs.lboro.ac.uk/JDTE
- Hartman, R. J., Johnston, E., & Hill, M. (2017). Empathetic design: A sustainable approach to school change. Discourse and Communication for Sustainable Education, 8(2), 38-56. doi:10.1515/dcse-2017-0014
- Heath, C., & Heath, D. (2017). The power of moments: Why certain experiences have extraordinary impact. New York, NY: Simon & Schuster.
- Lam, Y.Y.,& Sin, S.,& Bernard, Y. (2015). Experiencing empathy in design education through community engagement. International Journal of Continuing Education & Lifelong Learning, 7(2), 53-69. Retrieved from http://web.a.ebscohost.com.ezproxy.lib.ucalgary.ca/ehost/pdfviewer/pdfviewer?vid=17&sid=7c3315c0-5287-4077-84b1-dbc89495e637%40sdc-v-sessmgr02
- Noel, L., & Liub, T. L. (2015). Using design thinking to create a new education paradigm for elementary level children for higher student engagement and success. Design and Technology Education: An International Journal, 22 (1), 1-12. Retrieved from http://www.data.org.uk
- Zak, P. (2018). The neuroscience of high-trust organizations. American Psychological Association, 70, 45-58.1.
- 33 Talks on Empathy (2019)
- Stproject.org. (2019) Tools for Transformation | Social Transformation Project. [online] Available at: http://stproject.org/resources/tools-for-transformation/ [Accessed 7 Feb. 2019].
- The field guide to human-centered design. (2015). [San Francisco]: IDEO.